MIAMI UNIVERSITY JOHN W. ALTMAN INSTITUTE FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP
STARTUP WEEKEND 2020
OCTOBER 23rd-25th, 2020 - FARMER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
WHAT IS STARTUP WEEKEND?
A weekend for you to test your startup idea, business plan, and teamwork while meeting cool people and eating delicious food!
Startup Weekend is a weekend-long, hands-on experience where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable.
Techstars Startup Weekend Miami University is a full weekend-long experience. Your ticket includes:
-6 meals over the course of the weekend.
-Benefits and discounts from our global partners.
-One-on-one time with amazing mentors.
-A new network of student developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
-All the internet and coffee you can consume.
Meet Our Mentors
● 4:30pm Registration Starts – outside lobby of FSB 0025 (Course Credit Check in #1 – 4:30p-4:40p)
● 5:15pm Welcome and Kick Off – FSB 0025
● 6:00pm Pitches Start – 60 seconds per pitch (optional)
● 6:45pm Attendees Vote for the Top Problems
● 7:00pm Dinner & Networking – FSB Forsythe Commons
● 7:45pm Team Formation & Problem Discussion – FSB 0025
● 8:30pm Team Member Skill Inventory
● 9:00pm Effective Teams Workshop – FSB 0025- Scott Weiss
● 9:30pm Develop basic business concepts – teams will be dismissed two at a time for team room assignments
(Course Credit Check in #2 – 9:30p-9:40p) – outside lobby of FSB 0025
● 8:00am Arrive, simple breakfast – FSB Forsythe Commons
● 9:00am Workshop: Effective Customer Research Workshop- FSB 0025 Sara Valasek (Course Credit Check-In #3 – 9:00a-9:10a) – outside lobby of FSB 0025
● 10:00am Teamwork Time. Get out and VALIDATE
● 12:00pm “Mentor Office Hours” begin
● 12:30pm Lunch (quick gut check)
● 1:30pm “Mentor Office Hours” & Teamwork Time.
● 6:30pm Dinner and Discussion
● 7:00-8:30pm “Finance Help Desk Office Hours”: RedHawk Ventures & Social Innovation Fund members staffing- outside FSB 0033
● 9:00pm Gut Check – outside of lobby of FSB 0025 (Course Credit Check-In #4 -9:00p-9:10p) – outside lobby of FSB 0025
● 8:00am Arrive, simple breakfast, gut check & tech info check… start working (Course Credit Check-In #5 – 8:00a-8:10a) – outside lobby of FSB 0025
● 8:00am-10:00am “Mentor Office Hours”, Final Presentation Prep, Presentation Submissions at 9:50am
● 10:00am-11:15am Preliminary Rounds – FSB rooms 0003, 0005, 0012, 0013
● 11:15am Lunch – FSB Forsythe Commons
● 11:45pm FINAL PRESENTATIONS – FSB 1000 Taylor Auditorium Top 4 Teams will be announced after lunch. Get up and present if it’s you!
● 1:00pm Judging (Survey Submissions)
● 1:15pm Awards & Wrap-Up